Large liquefied natural gas (LNG) storage tanks are generally 60-80 meters in diameter, and 40-50 meters in height. LNG reserves are generally around 10-25 million sq m. These storage tanks are the core infrastructure for LNG transshipment and storage.
Within the next decade, many countries will build LNG storage tanks on a large scale in order to improve clean energy use, safer provision and reservation of energy. The inner tank of the LNG large storage tank is welded using cryogenic material; a -9Ni steel.
Therefore, high-quality and high-efficiency welding technology and its processing equipments are key to the construction of large LNG storage tanks.
The main weld types for LNG inner tank welding are 2G horizontal welds and 3G vertical welds.
Currently, there is a lack in efficient, high-quality automated 3G vertical welding solutions. Most of these 3G vertical welds are manually welded.
DPS-3G Automatic Welding Technology System
- Welding power system (outsourced)
- Electrical control hardware system (independent development)
- Software control system (independent R&D)
- Mechanical execution system (independent R&D)
- TT automatic wire feeding system (outsourced)
Core Technologies & Patents
- Narrow bevel large pendulum welding system
- System control software
- Composite protection air chamber
- Design of welding head and hanging track system